Monday 2 April 2012

Crossing the Rainbow Bridge

These bright days are giving me plenty of opportunity to try out my new camera and, although it hasn't really been taken out of auto yet, I'm feeling slightly worried that my expectations were too high. I'm not sure if it's the workman or the tools but pictures seem to lack the warmth and definition I was hoping for and colours are pretty bleached. Maybe if I read the manual...

Monty was my first obliging model, he pulled a series of disagreeable poses.


This picture really shows the bump on the side of his nose from falling on the hearth; I worry that it will always be there now.



Daffodils are also fairly obliging subjects...



Then I snapped some corners of Cragg (these may become a series), on my way to Eli's 'Kindergarten birthday'. As I walked and photographed buds bursting and life unfolding, I marvelled again at the magic of this place that we are so blessed to live in. Unfortunately, my photography does not really do it justice yet.






    Eli's Kindergarten birthday was as beautiful as expected. Such care was taken by his wonderful teacher Helen to make it a very special occasion. I was fairly emotional from the very first notes from the lyre. Seeing my boy sit on the special chair, witnessing the wonder on the faces of the other children and listening to the story of how the little angel crosses over the rainbow bridge to be with his chosen family had the tears full flowing. Such a big moment, watching him cross into another year, ever growing. I'm fairly sure there'll be more birthday sharing before the week is out... 

No comments: