Tuesday 1 May 2012

Bud and blossom

There has been little weather but the wet kind here for what feels like a very long time. Beltane is here, bringing in the season of outside, active energy with buds bursting, trees greening; love-making; seed sowing; barefoot dancing; hair loosing... But I'm ill and have the heating on full and a blanket across my knee. I'm finding it hard to connect with this soggy earth just now.


Yesterday however, the sun did shine. Lighting up bud and branch and sparkling along the river. It helped me see that the land is indeed blooming; blossom everywhere and ducklings scooting over water. The cycle goes on with or without the sun. That's reassuring for a woman not able to make it out tonight to celebrate this joyous fire festival. I'll be there in spirit - joining hands with sisters and jumping the Beltane fire.




No comments: